Welcome to the Lions Club of Ocean Reef in Western Australia
Ordinary people doing extraordinary things - supporting people with a disability, community greening, fundraising for worthwhile causes.
Be a part of the change. Join the LionsClub.
All funds raised are donated/distributed back to the community. Our club aims to donate 60% of all funds raised to our local community. We raise funds by selling Lion Mints and Lions Christmas Cakes/Puddings, and holding sausage sizzles.
With funds raised we have been able to support a wide range of local projects:
- Supported foster carers in the Joondalup District by helping them to arrange fundraising for the Carers Focus Group, helping the carers to support each other.
- The Spiers Centre Inc in Heathridge with their Bedtime Bundles Project and provided cash to assist with Christmas support.
- The Salvation Army Heathridge with cash to assist the Christmas outreach.
- Sponsored local children for Lions Children of Courage Awards.
- Provided funds to the Patricia Giles Centre in Joondalup to support their BARK program (Building Animal Relationships with Kids).
- Support the Seasons for Growth program at Belridge Secondary College
Some of the worthy local causes we love to support:
The Spiers Centre Inc
Making a positive difference to the lives of individuals, families and the community in the northern suburbs
The Patricia Giles Centre
Accommodation and counselling for women and children affected by domestic violence
The first Club in Australia offering Quad Bike Riding for children aged between 5 and 16 years with intellectual and physical disabilities.
We are the Lions
We meet the needs of our local communities and the world.
1.3 million men and women in 205 countries and geographic areas conduct
vision and health screenings, build parks, support eye hospitals, award
scholarships, assist youth, provide help in time of disaster and much
Join us in making our communities and the world better places to live.
Becoming a Lion
Lions club members are men and women who strive to make a difference in
their local community as well as in communities worldwide. Their
volunteer efforts go beyond the support of vision care, to addressing
unmet health and education needs worldwide.